Tuesday, November 9, 2010

...i'm not doing so hot...

On the cupcake challenge that is...

I think im gonna keep the website though and when i finally get 200 cupcakes done (ten years from now) it will be complete.

I got a new story right now though on my blood pumping organ. Nathan and I have committed to going to Senegal...again for me, for the first time for him. And I know God is at work in this situation. I don't know how and what for, but Im getting anxious and excited to see how He's gonna work. I got an incling of how he was going to work though tonight as I was putting together a budget of what we've got to do between now and January 23 to make this happen.

No something that i have felt very passionate about for a long time, you can ask my mother... we fought about this when i was in the youth group and wanted to do everything...that $$ has no hold when it comes to mission work and where God wants his Children. If he wants you somewhere he's going to provide a way.

So i did the math tonight and discovered that Nathan and I need to save $52 a day to make it to Africa. Get ready folks! God's shedding his light and Nathan and I have to trust in what He has planned.

Now im not saying, "Ok, God! Here's the challenge! It's time for me to step back and let you get to work!" No. I'm saying, "God, when March comes, I'm gonna be content in you whether I'm on the couch or on a plane. May I faithfully travel on the journey that you put me on to get there."
Some parts of that statement i say with gritted teeth, but do i say it truthfully...i think for the first time in a while, i think i really do...

So... as I hit the transfer button on my bank account...

Nathan and I are 1.4% on our way to Senegal.

No comments: