Yes…yes…I know…I’m sorry for the delay. Let me give you a preview of my last month and hopefully you’ll understand (If you don’t, you’re heartless!).
Tessa Lee Wineinger
Yes! That’s right! She’s 1 month old. Already. I know.
I’m sorry I made no formal introduction for her. So here’s a bulleted list of all her wonderfulness:
- She was born July 13, 2014 – planned C-section
- She arrived at 2:12pm; 6 lb 13 oz. and 19 inches long.
- The day was surreal. I got up took a shower, got ready, took the dogs for a walk, we left for the hospital, made a few errands, and arrived and sat down in a room. I changed my clothes, talked to a few people, they put an IV in my hand & then I headed into the operating room for the C-Section.We stayed in the hospital 3 days. She slept in the room next to my bed every night AND I LOVED IT!
- Ruthie calls her “Baby Bessa.” She gives her kisses and really awkward hugs and makes it her purpose to make sure Tess’s passie is always in.
- We call her our little piggy. She was below her birth weight for only 3 days. I’m almost positive she’s above 8 pounds already. Maybe I'm just used to small babies, but I still think she's eating LOTS.
- She has the most active hands and generally doesn't enjoy being swaddled or confined. Her hands are usually up by her eyes or face.
- She’s just about as laid back as Ruthie. We are already up to a 6-hour stretch of sleep at night. For a month old, I’m stoked!
Ruthie May Wineinger
She’s growing like a weed! She turned 2 on 8/9!
We were at the doctor yesterday and she is perfectly healthy. We weighs a whopping 23 lbs. I know a hand-full of kids under the age of 1 that weigh more than her, so I giggle when I hear her weight. She’s loving this “big sister” thing. Her bulleted list (seems only fair):
- She watches Frozen AT LEAST once a day.
- If you want to be her BEST FRIEND, all you have to do is blow bubbles with her.
- We were sitting in the drs office yesterday, and she was talking about everyone she knew, and Mickey & Pluto, and how the bubbles tickled Daisy (don’t worry…Mickey Mouse Club House) and the dr looked at me, “Does she always talk like this??” I replied, “All day long…” She laughed and commented that she is the most independent yet competent 2-year old she’s seen in a while. I took it as a compliment.
- She’s just now getting into 18 mo clothing. I’m pretty much loving this! Her wardrobe is lasting twice as long.
- She slept in her big girl bed for her nap today for the first time! AWESOME!
We’ve had a few scary moments. On Tuesday, the dogs ran away for about an hour. We were on a walk. Note to self: Don’t text & walk. Yeah…pretty bad. Ruthie almost picked Tessa up the other day to put her in her baby doll’s pack n play. That was scary at the time, but humorous later. I’m getting anxious about going back to work. The mornings getting ready is going to be CRAZY! But we’ll figure it out….we have to.
Lastly, if I don't update for an extended period of time again I'm sorry. As of Monday, I have become a football widow again. I'll do my best, but no promises. I have TONS of great blog ideas...we'll just see if they make it on here.