Wednesday, May 2, 2012

IT'S A GIRL!


I’ve known our baby was a girl for quite a while.  Everyone I’m close to has known that I wanted lots of boys…to field a baseball team, to fill the starting D-line for football…and to help their father with the family business.  But, about a month into the pregnancy, the inkling hit. 

I’m really not upset or anything.  I mean really?! We have been so exited for this baby!  And as we have been around Bella, uncle Nathan adores her! I mean, I do too, but I’m getting exited to see him as a daughter’s father.  On many occasions, Bella and Uncle Nathan have sat in a chair, watched tv and played with rattles and cell phones for hours.  They’re easily entertained like that. J

After our appointment, we got McDonald’s and Nathan and I headed to church to eat.  Brittany was cooking tonight so that meant Bella would be there, and I could tell her and Dad the news.  Joel, our pastor and really good friend, came out and chatted with us.  Nathan chuckled and said, “I guess I need to start working on my sensitivity.” And I replied, “And I need to get a little better with compassion.”  He reassured us we’ll be fine, and I’m pretty sure we will be.  Just entertaining.  VERY entertaining. 

This also means that my CREATIVITY GETS TO SHINE!  I refuse the color pink!  REFUSE!  I will do everything in my power to avoid pink at all cost!  I’m sure this will backfire when after I withhold her from pink and she sees it, she’s going to cling to it and demand it! But I will fight it!  Fight it I tell you!

Her name by the way is Ruthie May.  Ruthie means companion or dear friend and May, depending on the website, means the 5th month of the year, which is my favorite J, but also, it means great.  So she’s a great companion! 

Darling Ruthie,
Though you may hate me later in life for withholding pink from you, or embarrassing you, or destroying your dating life, the love that your father and I have for you is and will always be immeasurable.  I’m scared to death that I’m going to down right suck at this (please don’t say that until your in high school at least), but with the help of our Mighty God and your sweet, sweet father, you will surpass all of our wildest dreams!  I’m so anxious to hold you. So anxious.  Sigh…
Love, mom

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news! Create a good story for that child. Godspeed.

Jennie said...

I was dead set against pink too. Good luck telling that to 99.9% of the people that buy you clothes/bedding/washcloths/towels/car seat accessories/toys...I can go on. Eventually I had to succumb or take back everything in an attempt to neutralize. Didn't happen. Hannah isn't a huge fan of pink either. She says her favorite colors are blue, green, white and black. For a while it was only black. Your daughter will hopefully share your disdain for pink. I will say that my hatred has waned substantially. I actually think she looks beautiful in pink, so she gets pink clothes sometimes. I'm not biased or anything though.

Tommy said...

I agree with Jennie...good luck with trying to keep pink out of her life while she is still young and people are buying stuff for her. Maybe a good compromise would be accepting the pink stuff you get, but refusing to buy anything pink yourself for her. It will be an interesting ride!
It is just great that you and Nathan will have a daughter! I always wanted a daughter and ended up with four sons. Yes, I already know that it is the father who determines the sex of the child so it is my fault.
You will be great parents!