Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Happy 0th Birthday, Ruthie!

So today is a special day...or should I say would have been a special day.  Today is Ruthie's due date...

It's CRAZY to think about!  She is almost 6 lb now.  I can't fathom just meeting her now!  I am so glad she came when she did!  I was getting anxious.  Brittany had her sonogram last week.  My sis's scheduled C-section with Layla (such a cute name...Layla Ann Marie) is Oct 29.  Layla is well over 6 lb now in the womb.  CRAZY...

Now, If you were around me at all the week before I had here, or even saw me in the hospital, can you imagine what I would be like right now?!  A BEACHED WHALE!  For sure!  I am going to go where most women NEVER go, but I just want to put it in perspective.  I started my pregnancy at about 155lb.  That's the biggest I've ever been and I had been working on getting that weight off running and weight lifting.  About 12 weeks into the pregnancy, because of morning sickness, I was down to about 140lb.  The day I went to the doc and he sent me to the hospital, Aug 8, I was 176lb! and the day I had her I was in the 180s!  BEACHED WHALE I tell you!  At the rate I was going 200 lb would not be out of the question.  BLAH!  (For the record, I'm not that big still...I'm back down in the 140s.  Just sayin')
 
My maternity leave would have started probably at the beginning of this week, and currently it's my second day back at work.  Very hard for me...I'm anxious.  So what if she sleeps all the time.  I still like to be there while she's sleeping.

The perks of being born ahead of schedule... she got to go to her daddy's football games and she got to go to Joy's wedding.  She will be 11 months younger than her cousin, Bella, and two months older than her cousin, Layla.  We have the option of sending her to school early or holding her a year.  She's strong!  She's as healthy as a mini ox!

So happy 0th Birthday, Sweet Ruthie!  I'm so glad you're already here!  My body and Nathan thank you!

1 comment:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.