Friday, March 5, 2010

26 hours later...

Ladies and Gents!

We are in Senegal!
I met up with the rest of the team Thursday morning at O'Hare and took a flight to Dullas at 1:10p. Arrived a little after three with the time change and thought we had a little layover until slightly after 5p. Well, we were all sitting down to a carry over meal until we were served a dinner on the plane. Bill and I split a piece of pizza, then I headed to the Kiosk for a magazine. Mom called and we chatted for a little while and when I got off the phone, i headed to the ladies room... My pants were just unzipped when i heard over the loud speaker, second call for guest flying Flight ### headed to Dakar, Senegal, Crider two, Davis, Dingus, some other names in between, and Smith. Please check in at gate A16. I ran! Zipped up on the way out and frantically called them to run to the gate. As soon as we got there, I asked if they started loading early and they said, Yes! Yes?!!?! So I frantically called nathan, told him i loved him, and we jumped on the plane to Dakar.

It was about a 6 hr flight and we arrived in Dakar at 5:40a on Friday Morning (today). So needless to say, many of us haven't slept for about 24 hours...me 26 because of Sharathon.

We got off the plane, kindly said no to any man that offered to help us to avoid any kind of fee or tip, and waited (since we got in early) for Kim to pick us up. Very shortly after, we went to the missionary house in Dakar, ate breakfast, picked up Kim's daughter, Gloria. Then all 13 of us headed to Fatik. After a crazy bumpy 4 hr ride home, we got to where we were staying and heard that out Operation Christmas Child Boxes aren't coming until tomorrow afternoon. I think that changed so plans but we just go with the flow.

Some of the ladies experienced their 1st squatty potty! Holy Cow. And Donna had quite a time at the bathroom at the airport.

I am actually getting ready to head to the shower. I promise, I'll write more as we do more.

No comments: