Tuesday, March 9, 2010

True test of Faith!

So yesterday was a great day and as I blogged yesterday, I was soooo tired, that i posted what i did and then went to bed. Tricia soon came to bed after and likewise, everyone went to sleep.

Then at about 1:30a there was this HORRIFYING sound. I said quite frantically to Tricia, "Did you hear that?" "Hear what?" BOOOOOM!!!! The sound was like if you were to set a washer on top of a dryer and then push it off. It was SOOO LOUD! Tricia and i clingged to each other smilier to Scooby-doo if you know what i mean. Mary came in behind us b/c she heard it as well and we called to liz.

Liz being half asleep but also not hearing the sound at all, when to the window, shined the light out and determined there was no one there. But after that, Tricia and I couldn't sleep. We were analyzing every sound we heard! This morning we were talking about our prayers that we were praying...
or poke us with a big stick.

- God, please protect us. If you really want me to go to prison now, i will, but i will ball like a baby!

- God tell the Devil to leave this place! He's not welcome here.

- Don't let them shoot us.

- God my faith is small but you are large! Save us please!

We proceeded to tell everyone in the bible study this morning and i don't think anyone really understood the fear that was racing though us!

Amidst it all, Tricia accidently stepped on my glasses so I am wearing them scotch taped together. I look kinda funny.

We did another distribution today and it was in a village outside of Fatik. We got to watch wrestling and dancing of children from all ages. Then we handed the boxes out and watched them all run home to share them with their family. Today, little girls got most excited about hair bands and the little boys loved the clothes they received.

I think now, after giving these boxes out, i understand what the children NEED! And i have no doubt in my mind that each church could easily do 100! Some of this stuff in there is soooo inexpensive and these children will use those pens and pencils and paper for at least two years. Truely amazing!

I am off to bed. We have our last distribution tomorrow and it's going to be beautiful. We have one village walking a few miles to get to another village for the distribution.

No comments: