Friday, July 4, 2014

It's Rue's Day


It's a good thing that my child can't talk more than she does, because today if she would have asked for ANYTHING, i would have given it to her.  Today is Ruthie's last full day home with me as an only child.  She leaves in the morning with her Nana and Gampa Wineinger for the Church family mission trip, comes home late Friday afternoon and then goes with Gigi and Papa Mark Saturday to spend the night before Tess's delivery on Sunday.

This week will be so valuable getting TONS of stuff done around here, but HOLY MOMMY am I gonna miss her!  You know those annoying baby talk telephone conversations parents have with their toddlers?  I'm gonna be all over those this week.  I'm gonna make her sing me the the ABCs, Jesus Loves Me, Bushel & Peck, all those!

I may have spoiled her a little today...I gave her a fruit by the foot after breakfast, we watch at least 10 episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, we met Daddy for lunch and ate pizza and I'm weird about her and ice, but i watched her like a hawk and we ate ice nuggets which was a HUGE treat that she LOVED.  Then, we came home and I gave her like 4 cookies, then we napped and went out to dinner with family.  We came home, watched Caillou and then I let her sing me all her songs as she stood in her crib procrastinating bedtime as I shed a few tears and gave her tons of kisses.

But she's going to have tons more blessings having a sister than being an only child...I just have to remember that.  No offense to the only children out there...


It's also mind blowing to think Tess will be here in 8 days...like single digits...What?  At the doc yesterday, she is about what they expect her to be size-wise and weighs 6 lbs 2 oz.  She's moving like a crazy amazon woman.  Oh, I experienced my first contraction ever yesterday morning!  Praise God I got to bypass those the first time.  Shoot! And to think they only get more painful.  I chuckle inside thinking about that big sis picture where Tess will be laying on Rue's lap with one of us helping her, and Tess is going to be HUGE, like 1/2 her size.

They'll be in the same size clothes in a a year...I'm calling it!
Ok, off to go wallow in my "did we have enough fun today?" pool of pity.

over-emotional, very pregger, heartburn central, & VERY
winey wife

No comments: