Monday, November 4, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day #4- My Man

The love I have for my husband is like an iceberg; what is visible is merely a gimps into my vastness of how much I love this man...so without being ooshy gooshy pucky lovey dovey... i asked to interview him :)

Ok... so this is how to differentiate the text...
Bold is Lindsay 
Italic is Nathan,
One Month in...August 2005

& normal is afterthought on the conversation

Can I interview you for my blog? 

Why?  What are blogging about? What are you going to ask me?

Nothing in particular, just a couple random questions…this is me trying to write a blog of how thankful i am for you...

As long as I can do it while lying in bed…

Ok.  Is there anything you don’t want me to ask?

I don’t know…

Do you promise not to respond in “hmm” or “I don’t know?”

We’ll see…I don’t know…(grin)

(Scowl) What do you think are your best qualities?

Hmmm…I’m a pretty good teacher and encourager.  Yea. You are a leader by being a do-er, by delegating, by stepping up to the plate and gathering others around you to learn.

Looking back three yrs, is where we are at what you expected?
Anderson Wedding 2007
I don’t know if I really had expectations. I mean, we have started our cows and we have a baby…business is going well...i think those were all things that I was looking to achieve. I can't say I really had a 3-year-plan...

What do you think 3 more years will look like?

2 kids,  (YAY!) a small heard of cattle, maybe a pony (Both Steve and Nathan are seriously thinking about pony for Ruthie/me) to round them up with (he said that one for me)…the family business is thriving…hopefully we will have completed all the home improvements you have on yr list. (cleared his thought in exasperation)

Hmm... Ok, what’s something that blows your mind about Jesus?

That he uses people that really, really screw up to make a difference. It's things like this that make me love you like crazy. You seek the best in people.  You give so many second changes and you are so grace-full with others.

Ok, on to Ruthie: What’s your favorite thing she’s doing right now?

The superman run. (No hesitation ..She walks around with her chin up and arms stretched back behind her and runs around…pretty humorous)

I want you to be honest, not because I’m doing the interview or anything but what 5 things you are thankful for?

- A healthy family
- 2 jobs that are more than meeting our means

It can be silly things too.  It doesn't have to be so serious…

Our Wedding May 2010
 (Pause) I don’t know…I’m trying to think of something funny… (a quality that i ADORE in my husband...the desire to be funny when he's not that comical funny that others think of when people say someone's funny)
- I’m thankful for a wife that supports my hobbies and wants to go hunting with me and cooks the things that I kill
- I’m thankful for two dogs who are still in their pins right now.(Hasn't always been the case...)
- I’m thankful for a wife and daughter who love me with all their hearts even though they get frustrated

What was the hardest part about dating me?

Having to wait so stinking long make love to you.A quality that I utmost respect about my husband... that he WANTED to respect me AND himself!  Are we almost done?  

Yes...What is the most Ingenious invention ever?

The pillow…(PAUSE…he fell asleep thinking about the question…)

Hey, (poke) what’s your answer?

I’m waiting on a question…

Most ingenious invention…you said pillows…

Hmmm…(pause)either a pillow or a candle…that was kind of stupid. Why did I say candle? (He was talking halfway in his sleep)
His new MAIN SQUEEZE.  May 2013
To the best lover, the best leader, to the father of my child, and the keeper of my heart.  I thank God often that he let me be yours.  I love you, Nathaniel!


No comments: