Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Thankful Project: The Weekend Edition


I know...I know... I missed Friday and Saturday.  I'm sorry.  Really.  I was up super late working Friday and yesterday, I was asleep in bed by 9:15p (I really dont feel very bad about that...)  I'm sticking with, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder..."  Did it work??

So here's the Weekend Edition

Day #8:  Friday
I am borrowing this one from Tricia MG.  IT WAS FRIDAY!  I love everything about what Friday means!  It's the end of a week and the day before Saturday.  To top it off we had nothing to do.  I had sweatpants on and was in front of the TV by 7p!

Day #9: I'm FREE!
Nathan and I have been working and working toward this day.  We officially have no EXTRA debt.  We have no credit card debt and no student loans... just the car and the house.  IT FEELS SOOO GOOD!  My student loan was shameful!  My graduation present was a Mac.  I loved it.  It was my baby!  I went to college and found this cat on the road, named her Forrest and took her in.  I grew to love her.  Many nights, I had a baby in my lap while i typed on my other baby.
One baby in the forefront & other in the back
One day, one thirsty baby spilled a FULL glass of water on the electronic baby who wasn't so thirsty.  Yes, Forrest is still alive.  I had to take the student loan out to purchase that MacBook Pro to finish school.  I finished paying for it yesterday.  Sad part:  Haven't had it since 2010... you've got it!  I've been paying on a computer I don't even own anymore.  Shameful.

Day #10:  My Other Kids
These guys=HUGE PIECE OF MY HEART
I have been working with the youth since I graduated in '08.  These past 5 years have taught me more about myself then the 6 years i was in the youth group.  Granted, those six year help me create some of my BESTEST friends and a husband, but these kids have captured me heart in a whole new way.  The way God has woven together a teenager is breathtaking sometimes. And when they are on fire and go to serve along side them, it's an experience that can touch just about anyone involved.


Spurgen Cook Out 2013 (yesterday)
Mission Serve July 2012
30 Hr Famine May 2011
Hawaiian Night February 2010

Dare 2 Share March 2009
  • They make me strive to learn more and more about God.
  • They keep me accountable even though they don't know they do.
  • They give me an excuse to still like kid stuff.
  • They help me feel less grown up.
  • They challenge me to know scripture.
  • They don't judge me for lack of intellect, and we work together at finding answers.
  • They astound me with their work ethic and roofing skills.
  • They call me out on things.  I need that!
  • They make me MANY times weep with anticipation as to what God has planned for them.  I hate to watch them suffer or search, but when God reveals something to them, you can see it glowing off of them.  
I will probably never know if or how I impacted them, but as I draw near to God he will continue to give me the words to say.  Before I got married, I used to say, "If I could just birth a teenager, that would be great!"  Well, Ruthie has made babies worth it, but I LOVE working with teens!  I hope it will be something God allows me to do for a VERY long time.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool Linz! Love the loan story ha! We are almost done with mine and i can hardly stand it!! Even more frustrating now that we are trying to figure out approval for a mortgage. If i had known then what i know now....
PS Ruthie will be the coolest teenager ever