Sunday, March 16, 2014

2-Part Blog: Insta-Funday Sunday & The Blog Snob

Part 1: Insta- Funday Sunday

I haven't done this in SOOO long and I had some really good pictures backed up.  Let's see how consistent I can be with this again.  .

And go.

We say, "Ruthie...YODA!"  and this is what she does.  We sent this one morning while Daddy was plowing to cheer him up.

Wild Ginger Project:  I did these for my dear friend, Megan, and I loved how they turned out...stay tuned for the wedding invite...love them more.  But I'll let her debut them.  

I lost this battle a week or so ago.  I told her she was too big.  She disagreed and this is how I found her eating breakfast.

I posted this a week-ish ago kind of proud yet slightly ashamed at how tall my clean dishes stack was.  

And this loveliness was yesterday at Panera.  Nathan had to clean up the shopping center that Panera was in so we took advantage if the trip to Peoria and had some morning giggles with apple juice, fruit & Dr. Seuss.  

Part 2: The Blog Snob

It’s been a dream of mine to become a pro blogger, but Nathan and I were talking yesterday about an acquaintance of ours that is a local blogger and he/she has begun to act differently because of some success she/he has had.  Now, I have not experienced this first hand, and I find this person very pleasant and I semi relate to and kind of envy him/her in many ways.  Although, I could see how it is TOTALLY possible.  Even on here, all I do is talk about myself, my kid (almost plural), my job/side graphic stuff (almost as shameless advertising), and well…everything about me and what I do/have done. 

So this is me blogging about how I need to revaluate why I blog. HA  (Click "Read More" to keep going.  If you don't want to see my rant, scroll up and look at Ruthie again.  It's ok...I do it all the time)  

  
 There is a part that is business.  The graphics stuff has to be posted because social media is really my only form of advertisement besides happy clients and word-of-mouth.  But I truly think that the main reason why I blog is the hopes of finding someone out there that can relate. 

Relate to my INCREDIBLE stack of dirty dishes, to my child who most of the time eats in her diaper so as to lessen the amount of dirty laundry that I don’t do as often as I should.  I find humor is the fact that I TOTALLY feel like a teenager married and raising/producing babies when really I’m 27 and not a teenager at all!  (The pause it took to type that age was embarrassing b/c I forgot and then had to do the math.) I think I blog to verify to myself that I am not a complete lunatic.  So really it’s a humbling experience.  It keeps me in check with reality…that I’m no more or less than anyone else.  That I have normal problems like everyone else out there, I just happen to publish mine to the world.  And I know that people read this…I see the number of page views, not too many comments, but I’m ok with that…

So many of the blogs I follow, post pictures of their kids happily sitting down doing their home school work, or doing craft projects, or baking.  And yes, I can post those pictures (when I remember to take them), but how about we have a HUMBLE LADY picture contest?!  Yeah, I’m a mom/wife/girl and I’m slightly ashamed yet totally willing to admit that i… **fill in the blank.**
  • Haven’t shaved since October.
  • Only feed my child pudding in the bath tub b/c it’s just easier that way.
  • Play video/computer games without regret over dishes/laundry/cleaning/other stereotypical things that would better my life.
  • Still wear a sweatshirt from 7th grade and I’m closer to 30 than I want to admit. 
  • I don’t want to tell you what I’ve had for dinner this week in fear that you might judge my diet/laziness/unwillingness to use my mad cooking skills.

(Only some of those apply…)

So now, I commit to you, that if I ever become a famous blogger like Ree or Joy the Baker or **fill in your favorite bloggers' name here** I commit to being REAL and opinionated, and share my stupid decisions, and my “not-so-proud” moments with you in efforts to remind you and myself that I don’t have a CLUE what I’m doing most of the time in mother/womanhood, and I’m glad I can share that fun cluelessness with you and get your advice and encouragement. 

Side Note: Sometimes I let people post pictures of me on the internet even when I know they are terrible because I use it as a humbling mechanism.  Although, I don’t think I could ever let anyone post a picture of me yawning…even the prettiest people have an ugly yawn face…right, Tricia? J 


And in return, all you have to do is suffer through pictures of my goofy Rue, my cows, and some shameless graphic design advertisements… and I thank you very VERY much for your suffering…

Sincerely, 
the (attempting to be) humble blogger

No comments: