Wednesday, March 5, 2014

So the Doc Said....

I was officially proved wrong today...

You guessed it...
We are having another little girl! 

I could have sworn this time it was a boy!  My appetite is TOTALLY opposite, I've been crazing meat and cheese and TONS of milk.  I didn't get sick like I did with Ruthie.  I would say this pregnancy was running smoother, so I just figured, MAN, it’s GOTTA be a boy.   
Please don’t get me wrong!  We are totally fine with it being a girl.  I kind of liked the girl name we had picked out better then the boy name anyway.  Funny though…we went to the Chinese buffet after the appointment this afternoon, and Nathan said, “So do you think you’ll be ok with an odd number if #3 is a girl?”
I finally buckled and said, “Yes, probably.”  I just really don’t want to have an odd number of kids…but 4 weddings is A LOT of $$! 
Her name will be Tessa Lee.  Tessa is a derivative of Theresa which means, “Summer,” or “Harvester,” and Lee or Leigh means “field.”  So, in essence, she is the “Harvester of the Field!”  I think this is a WONDERFUL spiritual meaning and the fact that she will be born in the middle of July I just feel fits perfectly.  Criticize me if you will, but we’re not changing it! BOO YA! 
Ultimately, we are elated that this pregnancy is running smoothly.  The doc is happy with progress and we are happy with the new addition.  It’s still weird to think of a family of four!  God is so good. 

Ruthie’s gonna be the best big sister!  I just know it.

No comments: