Friday, October 31, 2014

Favorite Things Friday: Happy Halloween!

When it comes to Halloween decor, I'm not one for cheesy stuff, and I'm not one for over the top scary stuff either.  I like subtle ideas that you almost have to do a double-take before you realize it's Halloween.

I also have to be able to do them, so they have to be fairly simple.  Now, did I do any of these this year?  Ummm... no.  I handed my trick-or-treaters fruit snacks, granola bars and bags of chips last night because i forgot candy for that whole day-before thing is our small towns.

So, here goes....

1. Window Spider Web
...that's electrical tape...awesome. 


2. "Watch your back..."
...now I just think this is funny! 

3. Swarm of Bats
I think this just looks brilliant.  Construction paper and tape. 

4. Aged/Bloody Mirror
I would probably avoid the blood.  That's saran wrap and black paint. 


5. Pumpkin Mouse House
Now, If I saw this, I would probably need to go change my pants.  Thus the reason I feel it would be an ideal Halloween Pumpkin on my porch. 

6. Mummy Door
4 rolls of crepe paper.  Easy Peezy...

7. Patterned Pumpkins
Yup, you guessed it...those are knee highs.


8. Painted Pumpkins
I like the idea of getting those fake pumpkins and painting them.
That way you have them every year. 

9. Snake Wreath
I'm a big fan of this one too.  You dont really realize that it's snakes until you look at if for a while.  

10. Witches Parking
AND you can get those cinnamon brooms and it can SMELL good too! 

No comments: